First International Conference on "A European research strategy for intermodal transport"
The first international conference on “A European research strategy for intermodal transport” has been successfully held in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria on 17th and 18th April 2013. More than 150 participants from 20 different countries attended this two-days event whose objective was to contribute at the optimization of research and innovation transport policies by defining a targeted research strategy for intermodality to be implemented in the new programming period 2014-2020.
The event aimed specifically at:
- giving advice to regional authorities and further stakeholders on the coordination of RTD policy development and support the consideration and integration of transport related concerns into Smart Specialisation Strategies;
- formulating recommendations to private and public RTD actors on research strategies to be tackled in the future and spread knowledge on successfully developed technologies and procedures for improving transport modes;
- presenting and debating on successful cluster policies and strong innovation systems supporting the exploitation of research results into the market.
- Synergies between RTD and transport policies at regional, national and European level
- From research to deployment for seamless door-to-door mobility
- Round table on transport cluster experience
- Focus on urban mobility: Smart Cities and CIVITAS
- S3 thematic workshop on Transport